Children and teens battling substance abuse and addiction need appropriate and effective care in order to successfully recover. Especially if they become dependent on drugs and/or alcohol, the right services can make all the difference in the world. Given these facts, we, at Seven Hills Behavioral Health Hospital, are pleased to offer an adolescent detox program as part of our comprehensive addiction services for young people.
Simply stopping the abuse of heroin, alcohol, painkillers, and other such substances is not always easy. For many individuals, including children and teens, withdrawal symptoms and cravings for substances can prevent them from achieving sobriety. Once a person stops abusing substances is when withdrawal symptoms and cravings can start, and these effects can often be overwhelming, uncomfortable, and quickly cause a relapse into using drugs and/or alcohol once more. When withdrawal symptoms and cravings threaten an individual’s ability to recover, detox may be needed to jumpstart the recovery process. Therefore, if you choose our Las Vegas, Nevada area hospital to help your adolescent become sober, detox may be part of his or her personalized treatment plan if he or she is dependent on substances.
Understanding Our Adolescent Detox Program
Our child and adolescent detox program is for youth between the ages of 5 and 17, and features safe and evidence-based treatment services. Additionally, this program employs a number of experienced medical professionals who are trained to treat young people battling addictions. When detox is needed at the start of your child’s treatment, you can be confident in knowing that he or she will be well taken care of at Seven Hills Behavioral Health Hospital. Additionally, during your child or teen’s time in detox, he or she will can take advantage of the following benefits:
- Drugs and/or alcohol will be safely cleared from your adolescent’s system, which can help him or her heal from the effects of substance abuse.
- Your child or teen’s health will be closely monitored by medical professionals 24/7, allowing him or her to remain healthy throughout his or her time in treatment.
- Your child or teen will be able to avoid relapse while at our Las Vegas area hospital. This is because we do not allow substances of abuse onsite for any reason.
- In the event that the withdrawal symptoms that arise become too much to bear, your adolescent can be made more comfortable to make this process less distressing.
- Should your adolescent require pain-relieving medications while in our care, we will make sure that any medications given will not compromise his or her recovery.
It is also important to know that any recommended medications or medical interventions will not be administered without your consent. As your child’s legal guardian, you will be fully involved in understanding and making decisions regarding his or her care. We do this so that you can rest assured that we are doing all that we can to make your child or teen’s life better. Furthermore, if your child is well enough to participate in our therapeutic services while he or she is in our detox program, our staff will inform you and will help him or her begin this part of treatment.
Seven Hills Behavioral Health Hospital near Las Vegas, Nevada aims to truly help each patient who walks through our doors. Here, you can be sure that we will do all that we can to help your child enjoy a healthy and sober future. If you would like more information about our adolescent detox program, or the other addiction services that we provide, contact our staff today. We look forward to speaking with you.