Seven Hills Hospital’s private adolescent wing offers a specialized alcohol and drug addiction rehabilitation program for adolescents ages 11 to 17.
Our multidisciplinary team of physicians and clinicians includes board certified child and adolescent psychiatrists. Using the proven principles of the 12-step program started by Alcoholics Anonymous as our foundation, our young patients are offered a spectrum of therapies as they embark on the journey of recovery at Seven Hills.
Innovative & Effective Therapies
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – This short-term, focused form of treatment is based on the idea that thought patterns and habitual behaviors inform our emotions and contribute to the development of addiction. When a teenager makes deliberate and careful changes to his or her internal processing of events and situations, the result is often making a big stride towards recovery. As adolescents are still developing emotionally and mentally, this form of therapy is crucial.
- Group Therapy – In group therapy sessions, adolescents are able to process their experiences, their struggles, and their achievements in treatment while receiving feedback and peer support. The group dynamic improves social skills and communication skills, and can play an extremely positive role in recovery.
- Family Education – Close family members and parents or guardians of our patients are invited to take part in our free addiction education sessions so that they can learn more about what their loved one is going through. Family members may also be included in private counseling sessions with the patient when appropriate. Recovery is for the whole family, and we encourage parents to attend visiting hours and to learn as much as possible about addiction and the rehabilitation process.
- Meditation – Patients who participate in guided meditation therapy are able to reconnect with their spiritual nature. This quiet, calming therapy can have a huge impact on a young person’s peace of mind and ability to cope with stress once their time in rehab comes to an end.
- Exercise – All of our patients participate in daily exercise both on site and in an exclusive local fitness center. At Seven Hills, the physical aspect of health and recovery is highly valued. Physical activity and recreation provide the body with endorphins, contributing to increased energy, mental acuity and an overall sense of well-being.
- Nutritional Care – The Seven Hills Cafe proudly serves delicious meals, prepared by our dedicated chef, for the health and enjoyment of our patients. We understand the contribution that proper nutrition can make to recovery. Meals at Seven Hills are a time of physical renewal and pleasure for the senses.
At Seven Hills Hospital, we strive for excellence at every level. All of our adolescent patients enjoy comfortable, dual occupancy rooms on the newly-opened adolescent recovery wing of the Seven Hills facility. We take pride in our bright, beautiful environment and the high quality of our accommodations, as well as the privacy and level of specialized care we offer young people.